$1000 FoG Scholarship
2014-2015 Geography Scholarship from UCLA Friends of Geography
The FOG scholarship is open to all undergraduate students in Geography or Geography/Environmental Studies and is based on academic merit, involvement in Geography-related activities, and greatest need. The award recipient will be invited to attend the Friends of Geography annual luncheon held on a Sunday in May.
- One copy of your unofficial transcript or DPR/DARS
- If you are a transfer student, please include unofficial transcripts from previous institution.
- Statement of college and career goals (no more than 2 pages, double spaced, at least 11-point font, 1-inch margins)
(Please submit transcript(s) and statement electronically to Geography SAO as one PDF.)
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one from a faculty member)
- May be sent to Student Affairs Officer (in hard copy or electronically) directly by the recommender
- If delivered by student, must be in sealed envelope with recommender's signature on the back of envelope.
E-mail all documents to the Geography SAO.
UCLA Department of Geography
Attn: FOG Scholarship
1255 Bunche Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Applications must be received by 5pm on Wednesday, April 29, 2015.
For questions, please contact the Geography SAO.
List of FOG Recipients
2013 – 2014
2012 – 2013
2011 – 2012
2010 – 2011
2009 – 2010
2008 – 2009
Yohanan Ermias Bekele
2007 – 2008
2006 – 2007
2005 – 2006
2004 – 2005
2003 – 2004
2002 – 2003
2001 – 2002
Ching Chau Hon
Danya Jamal Quick