Fields of Study
Remote sensing, GIS, land use/land cover change, high latitude climate change...
Yongwei Sheng, Laurence Smith, Yongkang Xue
UCLA Graduate Division Graduate Student Mentorship, 2010-11
Outstanding Student Paper Award, AGU Fall Meeting, 2009
M.A. Geography, UCLA 2010
B.S. Earth and Environmental Science, UC Irvine 2005
- Lyons Evan A., Yongwei Sheng, Laurence C. Smith, Junli Li, Kenneth M. Hinkel, John D. Lenters, Jida Wang (2013) Quantifying sources of error in multitemporal multisensor lake mapping, International Journal of Remote Sensing Vol. 34, Iss. 22.
- Hinkel, K.M., Y. Sheng, J.D. Lenters, E.A. Lyons, R.A. Beck, W.R. Eisner, and J. Wang. 2012. Thermokarst lakes on the Arctic coastal plain of Alaska: geomorphic controls on bathymetry, Permafrost and Periglacial Processes, 23 (2012): 218â€“230.
-Hinkel, K. M., J. D. Lenters, Y. W. Sheng, E. A. Lyons, R. A. Beck, W. R. Eisner, E. F. Maurer, J. D. Wang, and B. L. Potter (2012), Thermokarst Lakes on the Arctic Coastal Plain of Alaska: Spatial and Temporal Variability in Summer Water Temperature, Permafrost and Periglacial Processes, 23(3), 207-217.
- Hinkel K. M., Zheng Lin, Yongwei Sheng & Evan A. Lyons (2012): Regional lake ice meltout patterns near Barrow, Alaska, Polar Geography,
- Wang, Jida, Yongwei Sheng, Kenneth M. Hinkel, Evan A. Lyons, Drained thaw lake basin recovery on the western Arctic Coastal Plain of Alaska using high-resolution digital elevation models and remote sensing imagery, Remote Sensing of Environment, Available online 15 December 2011, ISSN 0034-4257, 10.1016/j.rse.2011.
- Chen, Y., Li, Q., Randerson, J. T., Lyons, E. A., Kahn, R. A., Nelson, D. L., and Diner, D. J.: The sensitivity of CO and aerosol transport to the temporal and vertical distribution of North American boreal fire emissions, Atmos. Chem. Phys., 9, 6559-6580, 2009.
- Lyons, E. A., Y. Jin, and J. T. Randerson (2008), Changes in surface albedo after fire in boreal forest ecosystems of interior Alaska assessed using MODIS satellite observations, J. Geophys. Res., 113, G02012, doi:10.1029/2007JG000606.
- Randerson J. T. et al. The Impact of Boreal Forest Fire on Climate Warming, Science 17 November 2006: Vol. 314. no. 5802, pp. 1130 â€“ 1132 DOI: 10.1126/Science.1132075
"Seasonal and Interannual Lake Dynamics on the Arctic Coastal Plain of Alaska" American Geophysical Union, December 2011 (Poster)
"The Role of Ice-Push Shoreline Features in the Orientation of Thaw Lakes" American Geophysical Union, December 2010 (Oral Presentation)
"Seasonal and Interannual Lake Dynamics and Shoreline Development on the Arctic Coastal Plain of Alaska" American Geophysical Union, December 2009 (Poster) Outstanding Student Paper Award Winner
"Multi-temporal Lake Mapping on the Alaskan North Slope Using Landsat" GeoNorth, August 2009 (Oral Presentation)
"Seasonally Appropriate Image Acquisition Period for Global Lake Dynamics" Association of American Geographers, March 2009 (Poster)
"Factor Analysis of Multitemporal Lake Mapping on the Alaskan North Slope" American Geophysical Union, December 2008 (Poster)
Ã¯Â¿Â½Post-fire Changes in Surface Albedo and FPAR Associated With Vegetation Succession in Boreal Forest EcosystemsÃ¯Â¿Â½ Biogeomon June 2006 (Poster)
"Post-fire Changes in Surface Albedo Associated With Vegetation Succession in Boreal Forest Ecosystems" American Geophysical Union, December 2005 (Poster)