2018 Geography Graduation Celebration
Saturday, 16 June
Powell Library Courtyard (south side of Powell Library)
The Geography Department hosts a graduation ceremony for graduating Geography undergraduate students to be individually recognized. For information on the main College Commencement ceremonies held on Friday, visit the UCLA Commencement Website.
GENERAL COMMENCEMENT INFO
For information on all things commencement, including where to purchase your cap and gown, visit the UCLA Commencement Website. For information specifically about the College of Letters and Science ceremonies, visit the UCLA College Commencement website.
Students may purchase tickets for all graduation ceremonies on MyUCLA during Spring Quarter.
For the Geography Graduation Celebration, each student is given 4 complimentary tickets. An additional 2 tickets per students are available for $12 each. Students may sign up for 2 waitlisted tickets, which will be distributed based on available space. The Department will contact students directly regarding waitlisted tickets after initial requests are processed.
Students only need tickets for guests; they do not need a ticket for themselves.
Parking passes are available for pre-order specifically during Commencement weekend. For more information, visit the Guest Parking Website.
If a student or guest needs special accommodations for the ceremony or parking, please contact Ed McCloskey with the Center for Accessible Education via e-mail at email@example.com or phone at (310) 267-2004.
TO PREPARE FOR GRADUATION
1) Declare your Degree Expected Term (the term you plan to complete your degree requirements) on myUCLA.
- Students who plan to graduate in the subsequent Summer or Fall quarters are eligible to participate in graduation ceremonies. Depending on the units completed, some students may need to submit a petition to participate. The Student Affairs Officer will contact students with more information regarding the petition process via e-mail.
2) Schedule an appointment with the Student Affairs Officer to ensure you have completed all of your degree requirements.
ON GRADUATION DAY
- Students must arrive in their cap and gown to the ceremony location behind Powell Library no later than 8:45am. A designated check-in location will be available for students to complete a name card. The ceremony will begin promptly at 9:30am.
- Graduates will be asked to line-up at 9:15am and seated in a special separate section.
- Guest seating is not reserved and taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
- GradImages will provide professional photography services, allowing students to purchase individual photographs of their special moment.
- The seating area is on grass, so graduates and guests should take this into consideration when choosing footwear.
- The ceremony normally lasts 1 ½ hours, no more than 2 hours.
For any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact the Student Affairs Officer.
We look forward to celebrating this momentous occasion with you!