The Geography Department hosts an outdoor graduation ceremony for eligible Geography Graduate, MAGIST and Undergraduate students to be individually recognized.
• Geography Graduate Students (M.A. and Ph.D.)
• MAGIST Students (M.A.)
• Undergraduate Geography Majors (B.A.) and Minors, including GIS&T Minors are welcome to participate.
2023 Geography Graduation Celebration
Saturday, 17 June 2023
Kerkhoff Patio (east side of Kerkhoff Hall)
COMMENCEMENT TICKETS ARE REQUIRED FOR STUDENTS & GUESTS
Students are required to RSVP for the event by ordering a ticket online via MyUCLA at no charge. Students may order guest tickets online via MyUCLA starting May 12, 2023 through May 26, 2023. The first 4 guest tickets are complimentary and each ticket thereafter is $20 each. IF EXTRA TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE, additional tickets may be requested after May 27, 2023 through the department. Do not inquire about extra tickets until AFTER May 27, 2023.
Ticket orders will be delivered via email address on record. Please be sure to check your spam folder, since often tickets are delivered there. To prepare for ticket distribution you may add email@example.com as part of your safe sender list.
You will be receiving two emails per ceremony, one containing your graduate ticket and the other with your guest tickets. Please be ready to present the ceremony’s ticket upon check in. On the day of, your guests must present their tickets as well. If they do not have access to a smartphone, you may request and print out a PDF file.
Guest tickets will be electronic and will be sent out via email from the UCLA Central Ticket Office. Be sure to be on the lookout for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNDERGRADUATE GRADUATION CHECKLIST
- Sign up for an iGrad Workshop, for graduating seniors preparing for commencement and graduation
- Update your Degree Expected Term if you haven’t yet done so on MyUCLA!
- Check your DAR for Degree Completion to make sure all major/minor requirements are complete or in progress (IP). If any are unexpectedly “incomplete” please contact the Geography SAO
- Visit the Registrar’s Office website for more information
ALL STUDENTS – ON GRADUATION DAY
- Students must arrive in their cap and gown to the ceremony location on the Kerkhoff Patio no later than 8:30am. A designated registration table will be set-up for all students to complete a name card for the ceremony.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 9:00am
- Graduates will be asked to line-up at 8:40am and will be seated in a special separate section closest to the fr4ont of the stage
- All Graduates please arrive by 8:15am in your cap and gown
- Guest seating is not reserved and offered on a first-come, first-served basis
- GradImages will provide professional photography services, allowing students to purchase individual photographs at a later date
- The ceremony normally lasts 1 ½ hours, no more than 2 hours
- For more information on the Commencement Ceremony, including eligibility, important deadlines, RSVPing, ticket ordering, diplomas, cap and gown ordering, visit UCLA Commencement
- For information about parking, please visit the UCLA Transportation website
OTHER HELPFUL WEBSITES
Questions? Contact SAO Jenée Misraje – email@example.com